Visit the Museum
October 1 – April 30
Wednesday — Friday » 10am - 5pm
2nd Saturday of each month » 12pm - 6pm
Sunday — Tuesday » CLOSED
MAY 1 — SEPTEMBER 30
Sunday — Saturday » 9am - 6pm
723 S. Valley Way Palmer, Alaska 99645
Beginning in July 2017, the Museum will be offering guests the ability to take self-guided audio tours. The audio tour will include a brief tour of the Museum's permanent collection exhibits, the Museum's Showcase Garden (which is located adjacent to the main facility) and the nearby Palmer Historic District. This option allows guests the opportunity to view the Museum's Collections at their leisure while also having a more in-depth experience by venturing past the Museum grounds and into downtown Palmer. Guests interested in taking this tour option may rent audio headsets at the front desk for $5.00 each.
Guided tours are available upon request with one week advance notice. Interested parties should contact museum staff to make reservations at 907-746-7668.
- All guided tours for school groups and children's camps are provided FREE of charge.
- Non-student affiliated guided tours are available for $2.00/person with a minimum of 6 guests and a maximum of 30 guests.
WHO WE ARE
The Palmer Museum of History & Art (PMHA) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) membership corporation. Our nine-member Board of Directors, membership, and staff are dedicated to preserving and sharing the history and art of the Palmer region. The organization is generously supported by the City of Palmer, from which it receives approximately 50% of it funding which goes towards employee payroll, Visitor Services advertising, insurance and associated hospitality costs. Remaining funding used to support the Museum's exhibits, collections storage and maintenance, programs, events and remaining operating costs is acquired through its membership fees, Museum Gift Store sales, Alaska's Pick, Click, Give program, restricted grants and fundraising events.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Palmer Museum of History and Art is dedicated to collecting, preserving, interpreting, and promoting the history and art of the Palmer region while providing various opportunities for residents and visitors alike that allow for a greater understanding of the region’s history and culture.
- Providing adequate facilities to accommodate the programs and services of the museum
- Maintaining a competent and well trained museum staff
- Maintaining financial stability through adequate fundraising, community support, and prudent fiscal management
- Contributing to the cultural, educational, and tourism development of Palmer
- Developing and maintaining a positive public image and community relationship
Some of our long-range plans are to:
- Expand fundraising
- Expand volunteer involvement
- Improve, update and expand exhibits and collections
- Develop, improve, and expand educational programs
- Provide ongoing historical tours
- Provide greater public access to the Museum's collections
- Develop a Palmer Public Sculpture Art Walk
- Upgrade museum facilities and security
Front desk / general
Phone: 907-746-7670 Email: email@example.com
MUSEUM & VISITOR SERVICES COORDINATOR
Phone: 907-746-7667 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org