Donate an Object
Thank you for considering a donation to the Palmer Museum of History & Art! It is through such generosity that our collections continue to grow, and we are always interested to hear more about any object you wish to donate to the Museum.
Donations Policy and Procedures
Our mission and storage limitations dictate stringent criteria for determining whether to accept new objects. In order to assist us with our review, please provide the following information:
- Your name, addresses, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Object description, including materials, date of manufacture and/or collection, and dimensions.
- Photograph of object.
- History of ownership (the provenance of acquired items shall be a matter of public record).
Palmer Museum of History & Art
723 S Valley Way
Palmer, AK 99645
Review, Process, Timing and Conditions
The Museum will consider the suitability of a potential acquisition based on the information provided. Our Collections Review Committee meets quarterly to consider potential acquisitions. After the Director receives the Committee’s recommendation and has reached a final decision, you will be notified of the Museum’s decision. Please be aware that:
1. For year-end donations, please submit all information no later than December 1. The Museum has an extended winter holiday and will process last-minute donations early in the following year.
2. We may be unable to accept your kind offer for a variety of reasons. Some objects may be more appropriate to or may be better used by another museum, in which case we will try to give you the names and contact details of museums that may be interested.
3. All acquisitions are to be outright and unconditional and are irrevocable upon the formal and physical transfer to the Museum.
Gifts to the Palmer Museum are deductible from taxable income, in accordance with the provision of Federal income tax law. Federal law prevents the Museum from providing identification services or appraisal values for donated items.
Donors are responsible for appraisals of value. Please contact the regional branch of the Appraisers Association of America » or the American Society of Appraisers » directly. The Palmer Museum is in no way affiliated with these organizations.