Beyond the Classroom
Past Exhibits & Scholarship Recipients
Thank you to the students and teachers that participated in the past Beyond the Classroom exhibition and everyone who visited the Museum to view the work in person.
Past Scholarship Winners
- Fall 2021: Leah Welch (Mat-Su Central School) and Ally Kay Ferguson (Palmer High School)
- Spring 2021: Kate Stegall (Mat-Su Career Tech), Annabella Marciales (Palmer High School)
- 2019-2020: Rachel Cooper (Palmer High School)
December 1, 2021-January 14, 2022 Participants
March 2-April 30, 2021 Participants
2022 Beyond the Classroom
The Palmer Museum encourages all Valley area high school students (public, home school or alternative programs) grades 9-12 to submit their best work for consideration in our juried exhibit Beyond the Classroom. The art teacher at your school will be the connection between you and the Museum.
Scholarships for art classes, college courses, or art supplies will be awarded to the best achievements, as determined by the jury panel. Scholarship winners will also win a donation to the art department of their participating school.
- Submission descriptions will be due TBA
- Only one piece will be accepted per artist.
- Artwork can be comprised of any media, any size.
- Art submitted must be ready to hang.
- Accepted entries can be delivered to the Museum.
- All submissions will be on display at the Museum at a date to be announced.
- All work will be juried by the PMHA Art Committee, which includes art instructors, practicing local artists, and museum professionals. Artists will receive written critiques and feedback from the panel.
For more information, please contact your teacher or the Museum at 746-7668 or use our contact form.