About This Program
The Palmer Museum encourages all Valley area high school students (public, home school or alternative programs) grades 9-12 to submit the best sample of their work for consideration in our juried exhibit Beyond the Classroom. The art teacher at your school will be the connection between you and the Museum.
- All submission descriptions are due on Friday, February 19 by 5:00 PM.
- A $500 scholarship for art classes, college courses, or art supplies will be awarded to the best achievement, as determined by the jury panel.
- Submissions will be on display at the Museum from March 2 through April 30.
- Only one piece will be accepted per artist.
- Artwork can be comprised of any media, any size.
- Art submitted must be ready to hang.
- Accepted entries can be delivered to the Museum between Wednesday, February 24 and Friday, February 26.
- All work will be juried by the PMHA Art Committee, which includes art instructors, practicing local artists, and museum professionals.
- Artists will receive written critiques and feedback from the panel.
For further information, please contact your teacher or the Museum at 746-7668 or use our contact form.